Goodness me, how very kind people are. No sooner had Blitrix nominated me an award than another of my favourite blogs, 1catholicsalmon did so too with the ‘Reader Appreciation Award’. It is so nice to know that AATW is appreciated, and again, feel it is something my fellow-bloggers here deserve. The rules for this one are similar to those from last time:
1. Use the award logo in the post.
2. Link to whoever nominated you.
3. Write 10 pieces of information about yourself.
4. Nominate fellow bloggers who meet the indicated criteria.
5. Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
Well, I have done the first two, and I don’t know there are ten new things to say about me, but let me try:
1. I was baptised when I was six weeks old – on Christmas day!
2. I am left-handed
3. My favourite novel is Pride & Prejudice
4. My second favourite novel is Lord of the Rings
5. We didn’t have a TV set at home when I was young, so my knowledge of TV is minimal
6. I have a Rosary which was blessed by the Pope Emeritus
7. My favourite Anglican Service is any which involves the 1662 Book of Common Prayer
8. I love choral evensong at Anglican Cathedrals and seek them out whenever I can
9. I wish I had paid more attention to my piano lessons, as I now want to play the piano properly.
10. My summer holiday in 2013 was time in a convent and it was wonderful.
The hard part is always trying to choose those to whom to offer the award, partly because I know some find it not their sort of thing, others find it a bit of a chore to nominate others, and some have already had it. But the nice thing here is that it doesn’t say I have to find another ten, so I will try not to bother those I have bothered before, but say thank you to three blogs I really enjoy.
As one of my favourite recent blogs had already had the Sunshine Award I couldn’t give it to the author, but as she doesn’t have this one, I can. So my first blog is:
Changing skin and other stories by the very talented Rachael Charmley. Goodness knows I find the challenges of our own ‘Calling All Bloggers’ initiated by the wonderful Nicholas here, quite hard enough, and I am sure I couldn’t manage the invention she shows on her blog. It is quite a new one, and devoted entirely to fiction, but if you like a good story which will grip you and make you marvel at nature at times, this is the place for you.
Revelling in the Overflowing Grace of God Jeff’s blog delivers in spades what it says on the label – it is a joy-filled exploration of the joys of being a Christian and provides me with such a lift that I just want to be able to say thank you to him.
Cum Lazaro is one of my favourite blogs, and maintains a staunch Catholic world-view on a world which seems, at times, increasingly out of kilter.
I hope that you will call in on them and that you enjoy them as much as I do.