It is very kind of Biltirx to nominate me for an award (and if you don’t know Biltrix, well get right along there, as it is a wonderful site), and whilst Biltrix is worthy, I am sure I am not – but on behalf of the Watchtower collective, I am happy to accept it. As with all awards there is a set of conditions:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 7 questions.
- Nominate ( no limit of nominations ) other bloggers for this award and link back to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the award requirements.
Well, I have done 1 and 2, and will do 4 and 5, so what about those questions?
1. If you could create your own planet what would it look like?
I think it would look like the Garden of Eden, though I would make sure there were no snakes in it.
2. If you could visit one nation you have never visited before, what nation would that be?
New Zealand, as everyone I know who has been there tells me how amazing it is. Moreoever, I am assured it looks like Wales – another plus from my point of view 🙂
3. Who is your favorite saint?
The Apostle, St John, whom I love with a deep and undying devotion.
4. What is your favorite animal?
Sheep. I used to help my father keep our sheep when we had the farm in Wales, and I love looking after the baby lambs and helping with the ewes; I might need some help with the rams though.
5. What is your favorite song?
My favourite hymn is ‘When I survey the wondrous Cross” – it always makes me cry.
6. If you could meet one person who is still alive who would you choose to meet?
Pope Benedict XVI to tell him how much he is loved and appreciated.
7. Name a book that you have read (other than the bible) which has influenced your life and describe how it influenced you.
St. Isaac of Nineveh’s The Second Part, which opened my eyes to what it could mean to say that ‘God is love’, and the ways in which God’s justice and mercy were so far beyond our feeble understanding.
Now the difficult bit – nominating others.
Well, Biltrix has helped me by nominating Reclaiming the Sacred and 1 Catholic Salmon, both of whom would be high on my list. I know that others, such as my dear friend, Servus Fidelis, does not accept awards, so I will try not to be a burden to others in nominating them – but here goes:
Nebraskaenergyobserver, who, in addition to being my dearest friend, operates a blog which never ceases to educate me, as well as entertaining me. I am not sure who one is supposed to have influenced – but he has had a big influence on me 🙂
Revelling in the Overflowing Grace of God – which is never less than inspiring, and often manages to be amusing and inspiring and touching all at once 🙂
Resting in His Grace, because the work that Mike and his family do for the Lord really does merit the overused word ‘awesome’ 🙂
The other ones which I love are to be found in my sidebar, but I know some don’t like to accept awards – but I’d like to pay them a tribute anyhow.
As Neo and I often comment, this blogging lark is a funny business, but within it we form our own little communities, and it is always nice to be told you are appreciated – so to all those I follow, and all those who read this blog – a big