I have to thank the wonderful Bruvver Eccles for awarding me a lobster. I think his secretary must have muddlerated the word ‘Liebster’. This is confirmed by Cum Lazaro. Although in some ways you might think the two could not be different, at their heart is a love for Catholicism which expresses itself in different way, but is heartfelt.
As with all these awards, there are things you have to do. The first I have already done – link back to the blog which awarded it you. If you don’t know Eccles, then the recent dialogue with Bosco will help you understand it.
Cum Lazaro is, it seems to me, a prose poem, a light in the darkness which never fails to move me.
The blogger then writes 11 facts about himself or herself so people who discover his or her blog through the Liebster post will learn more about him or her. So here goes:
1. I am an Anglo-Catholic Christian
2. I used to be a primary school teacher
3. I now work in administration at a university
4. My sister is thirty years older than I am
5. I started this blog nearly a year ago
6. I am grateful to my collaborators, Chalcedon, Geoffrey, Malcolm, Bosco and Struans
7. My favourite music in the world is Bach’s Suites for unaccompanied cello.
8. I like cooking
9. I have red hair
10. I like hill walking
11. My penance is supporting Liverpool FC
In addition to posting 11 fun facts about themselves, nominated bloggers should also answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
It gives you a flavour of the difference if I put the two sets of questions together.
(i) Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? – I’d rather you didn’t
(ii) How many roads must a man walk down? – if he has a car, none
(iii) How long is a piece of string? – twice as long as from the end to the middle
(iv) Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? – Dr Who, probably
(v) Why did the chicken cross the road? – he was looking to be saved
(vi) Who is the fairest of them all? – Snow White
(vii) What shall we do with the drunken sailor? – take him away from that bar
(viii) To be or not to be? – on the whole, to be. for now.
(ix) How much wood would a wood-chuck chuck if a wood-chuck
could chuck wood? – what makes you think he can?
(x) Where did you get that hat? – a nice shop in London
(xi) What’s in a name? – capital and small letters
1) What inspired the title of your blog? – The Bob Dylan song of that name
2) What is your personal favourite post on your blog? – The Handmaid’s Tale
3) What has been the most popular (most viewed) post on your blog? – About
4) Which post on your blog has attracted most comments? – Dialogue with Bosco
5) What other hobbies or interests (beyond blogging) are you prepared to admit to? – Cooking, hill-walking
6) What’s your favourite song? Allegri’s Miserere
7) What’s your favourite novel? Treasure Island
8) Complete this sentence: ‘I think religion is….’ What matters most to me.
9) How good a dancer are you? Truly horrendous – if if we possible to have three left feet, that’s me.
10) Which do you prefer: tea or coffee? Coffee
11) Have you ever been a smoker? (Of tobacco…!) No
I am then supposed to nominate 11 others, which seems quite a few to me, not least since two of my favourites have already nominated me, and it has to be blogs with less than 200 followers.
If I am allowed to nominate a blog to which I contribute, then yes, you guessed it:
nebraskaenergyobserver – because the mix of politics and history is just what I like
The Lonely Pilgrim – because Joseph’s defence of his faith is so impressive and informative
Resting in His Grace By Mike & TC Sweat, who both live ad preach the Gospel
1catholicsalmon – a lovely blog which always inspires me
circlecitadel – a wonderful mixture of literature, philosophy and Catholic teaching
Catholic Cravings – because she’s Laura and she’s beautiful and clever and runs a great blog
Mundabor’s blog – because he does what it says on the tin – Catholicism without compromise
Doubt & Belief – a lovely blog about RS Thomas and his poetry
Joyful Papist – because she is 🙂
Renewed Hope – a newish blog by a ‘revert’ to the Catholic Church – do catch up with it
Would anyone mind if I stopped there? All the others I follow seem to have more than 200 followers, and two that I would have nominated have nominated me 🙂
The nominated blogger will create 11 questions for his or her nominated blogs to answer in their Liebster post. So here goes:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What is your favourite food?
3. What type of music do you like most?
4. Who inspires you most?
5. Do you have a favourite poet?
6. Do you have any pets?
7. Do you prefer wine of beer or are you teetotal?
8. Do you listen to the radio?
9. Favourite film?
10. Favourite food?
11. Religious leader you admire?
So there you go 🙂